Friday, September 3, 2010

Jewelry Designs for Your Demographic

My meditation center is holding a fundraiser where several artists are selling their beaded jewelry designs[[posterous-content:pid___0]]. I am looking at my portfolio as to what I want to donate. One of the problems I see with artists is that they want to sell what they think they do well. That's fine and dandy- but not everyone shares the same aesthetic. 

When preparing to sell your work, take some time to think about the demographic of the people who will be there. Are they older people? Families? This is important. I spend a lot of time talking to people who are looking at my work and ask questions. Do you like gemstones? Precious metals? Crystals? 

This gives me insight into what people are looking for when they purchase so I will be prepared next year with the right mix of beaded jewelry designs.  

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment