Friday, November 5, 2010

Jewelry Making Beads and Findings at the Bead Show

I got my list of jewelry making beads that I need and a list of what I want. It is always a compromise within my budget. I am headed off to the Rings and Things Fall show in San Mateo, CA this Saturday. It is not a big show so I like it a lot and the savings is great- 15% off of wholesale. 

With the holidays approaching, I want to get a bunch of cute lampwork beads. They are great for making stretchy bracelets that my daughter can give out as gifts to her friends or teachers. They are always a hit, look great, and are easy and fast to make. 

I am very cautious about buying silver because of the high prices. So I will be on the lookout for silver plated chain, headpins, and wire. I love what some other artists are doing with copper,brass, and gunmetal in their beaded jewelry designs. I hope to start doing some of my own designs using these elements. 

People ask me what are "findings". That is usually a term for little metal things we use in jewelry making like, clasps,headpins, crimp beads, wire guardians, etc. These are must haves for finishing your beaded jewelry designs

No comments:

Post a Comment