Sunday, October 10, 2010

Beaded Jewelry Designs for Men

Many artists leave out beaded jewelry designs for men, but you don't have to. I see more men buying chunky bracelets for themselves or for gifts for other men. There are definitely some key elements that you want to have in beaded jewelry for men. First of all, keep it natural and organic. No crystals or frilly stuff. When I think of a man's choker, I think of leather, suede, or rubber cords. I also think of organic jewelry making beads like bone, stainless steel, silver, gunmetal, titanium. I use large stainless steel hooks for clasps that are very simple and modern. You can't go too minimalist when designing for men. They love simple, bold and strong looking elements in their jewelry designs. 

Choker lengths are popular as well as bracelets. I love the ball chains with the sterling silver dog tag around the neck. In fact, I have one myself. I have also seen that style used as a medic alert necklace that is very chic. 

Rappers were the first to get men to show their bling, but even now many rap artists have switched from real diamonds to cubic zirconium in their beaded jewelry necklaces and bracelets. Most men on the street though will just look for a bracelet or necklace. So don't make your beaded jewelry designs just for women. Their are a lot of men who would love a special handmade jewelry design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment